How To Answer What Are You Looking For On Tinder – Our Guide
Have you ever been swiping on Tinder, only to hit a wall of no matches, or maybe your matches are all the same and you’re not finding anything new anymore?
Luckily, if you’re not finding any desirable matches on Tinder, there are some ways to reset your account and refresh your matches completely through a soft and hard reset on the app.
We’ve put together an informational guide below which will discuss how the Tinder algorithm works, as well as how to reset your matches on Tinder to help you find someone new.
How Does Tinder Algorithm Work?
Before we can get into how to reset your Tinder account, let’s discuss how the Tinder algorithm works to see how it shows you potential matches on the app.
Tinder takes into lots of factors in its algorithm, one of the main ones is the user’s desirability scores, this score is given to each user based on their activity, how many people have liked their profile and how complete their profile is.
People with a similar desirability score are then shown as potential matches according to age, gender and location. This can mean after some time you might want to reset your Tinder matches according to where you are or to meet new people.
Three Ways To Reset Your Tinder Account
If you want to change up your Tinder and get new matches, you can reset your Tinder application in these three ways below to reach a range of people.
The Soft Reset
Doing a soft reset on Tinder is not always recommended, this is because the Tinder app might be able to tell you have made another account and ruin your algorithm, this is due to accounts breaking the rules of Tinder and then just making new accounts, Tinder now often shadowbans these accounts.
Just make sure to wait 24 hours before you make a new one.
Alternatively, you can always change your gender, age and location preferences to meet new people.
The Hard Reset
The most secure method to reset the tinder app, It can give you a tinder boost when you remake your account but does require more effort such as having a new phone number and email address.
The Three Month Reset
This method takes the longest but is also the most secure, all you will need to do is delete your account then due to the privacy data law, Tinder will delete all of your account information.
After this, you can then make a fresh Tinder account with the same details and it will be brand new with new matches!
How To Do A Soft Reset On Your Tinder Account
If you’ve decided to be a little lazy and save some time, a soft reset might be ideal for you but does come with its risks in case Tinder flags your new account.
To do a soft reset on your Tinder, follow the steps below.
- Start by deleting your Tinder account and then uninstalling it, you can do this by going into your settings, pressing delete account then manage apps and uninstalling the app.
- Wait for 24 hours then reinstall the app, this will stop you from getting shadow banned by Tinder.
- Now create a new Tinder account and voila!
How To Do A Hard Reset On Your Tinder Account
If you want to do a more serious Tinder reset without the risk of getting shadow banned, why not try doing a hard reset on your Tinder account?
We’ve listed the steps to follow below.
- Delete your Tinder account and uninstall it according to the steps above, then perform a factory reset on your phone by going to the reset settings on the device.
- Restart your router or use a different Wi-Fi then create a new google email account on the device.
- Install the Tinder app, and make sure to use new pictures with it, they should be flattering pictures!
- Create a new account with a new email or phone number, for this to work avoid linking to your old social accounts too, otherwise, Tinder will recognise your old account since you gave them previous access.
How Do I Get More Matches On Tinder?
If your matches have slowed down on Tinder, or maybe you are looking to get better ones, follow our tips below to improve your Tinder profile and your matches.
- Show who you are through your pictures – Show off your personality in your pictures, like the outdoors, show a picture of you hiking, play the piano, and show yourself playing the piano.
- Smile – Smiling is attractive to both genders, especially women and gives a casual vibe to your pictures, for men looking away from the camera can work.
- Avoid group photos – A lot of group photos receive a negative reaction on Tinder, no one wants to spend time working out which person you are in the photo.
- Keep a simple bio – Never leave your Tinder bio blank, but also don’t go overboard with it, a few sentences about you will be enough.
- Be strategic with likes – The more likes you put out there on Tinder, the better chance you have at finding a match, but you should still be selective, and choose people who relate to your hobbies and interests.
- Tweak your discovery – By changing your Tinder discovery you can match with new people further from your location and change the age range too, you can even turn on global to increase your matches.
- Get critiqued – Get your friends to help and critique your Tinder profile, show them and ask for their opinion, they might be able to give you a few helpful pointers.
- Use Tinder premium – Tinder’s premium features can help you get more matches on the app, for example, Tinder boost puts you at the top of the pile while Tinder gold allows you to change your location to find more matches and Tinder platinum can allow you to message before you even match.
Frequently Asked Questions About Resetting Matches On Tinder
Why am I not getting matches on Tinder?
If you’re not getting matches on Tinder, your photos might be of bad quality or you might need to update your profile to help you stand out.
Is Tinder plus worth it?
Despite what many think, Tinder plus does not guarantee you will get more matches although it does give you unlimited swipes and likes.
How do I find someone again on Tinder?
You cannot search for a specific person on Tinder but you narrow people down through discovery preferences.
Can I restart my Tinder gold?
Yes, you can restore Tinder gold at any point as long as you have purchased it and it is assigned to your account.
How long does it take Tinder to reset itself?
If you delete the Tinder app from your phone it will reset itself after 3 months eventually due to the privacy data law which will erase your data after a certain amount of time.
How often does Tinder give active users different swipes?
Tinder gives users a new set of swipes every 12 hours.
Does an attractive picture help with Tinder matches?
Of course, an attractive picture can help attract Tinder matches, it should also show your personality, however.
How many swipes do I get a day on Tinder?
On Tinder you are limited to 100 swipes per day, this ensures you are not spamming Tinder.
Overall, to reset matches on Tinder you can perform a soft reset by deleting the app and reinstalling it a day later or you can perform a hard reset by deleting the app, resetting your phone then creating a new account with a new email.
Alternatively, you can always delete your Tinder and wait three months for it to erase your data so you can make a new account.